- 7:45 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month
3rd Floor Conference Room
36 Bartlet Street
Andover, MA 01810
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Members are appointed by the Town Manager to three-year terms.
About the Commission
The purpose of the Conservation Commission is to protect Andover's natural resources in accordance with state law and the Town's Wetlands Protection Bylaw, Article XIV, and to act as trustees in perpetuity of the town's conservation land (Reference - Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 40, Section 5 and 8C).
The Conservation Commission maintains the ongoing delineation of wetland resources depicted on the 183 Andover Wetland Maps which are directly referenced in various Town By-Laws and regulations, including the Zoning By-Law, the Watershed Protection Overlay District, and Rules and Regulations for Use of Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems and all other homeowner and/or commercial construction projects that are within the jurisdiction of the Commission. Please feel free to phone the office for further information.
Approximately 2,200 acres of Town-owned land are under the control and custody of the Conservation Commission which prepared and periodically revises Andover's Open Space and Outdoor Recreation Plan. The Commission administers a number of statutory Conservation Restrictions and Conservation Easements over privately owned property.
Visit the Conservation Division Page for more information.
Conservation Rules & Regulations
- Conservation Commission Regulations (PDF)
- Appendix A - Notice of Intent Filing Instructions (PDF)
- Appendix B - Stormwater Management (PDF)
- Policies Adopted by the Andover Conservation Commission - Revised May 6, 2008 (PDF)
- Wetland By-law
Wetlands & Waterways Permit Applications
- WPA Form 1 - Request for Determination of Applicability
- WPA Form 3 - Notice of Intent
- WPA Form 8A - Request for Certificate of Compliance (PDF)