Medical Transportation for seniors residing in Andover
Transportation for medical appointments. Fee schedule separate. You are responsible for any parking, tolls or other related fees. If you need a receipt, please let us know in advance.
We can not transport people on oxygen. You can receive transportation services through MVRTA if you are on oxygen.
Medical Transportation Drivers
- Receive orientation, training and supervision
- Are required to complete a CORI (criminal record check)
- Receive a mileage reimbursement for using their personal vehicle
Medical Transportation Passengers
- Complete application process
- Agree to follow program guidelines
- Respect the volunteer drivers
- Understand that drivers are not always available
Transportation for events at The Senior Center at Punchard
Scheduling a pick-up
- Contact the Transportation Coordinator with date and event for which you’re requesting transportation
- Fee $2.00 each way
- We suggest you plan to stay at the Senior Center for lunch
Grocery shopping trips
- Scheduled Wednesday, 10 am-2 pm
- Sign up by Monday
- Fee $5.00
- Must be ready at the specified time
- Must be able to carry your own bags
- Want to visit a friend, go to the hair dresser, library, shop in town.
- Trips are every Thursday
- Please book your trip by the previous Monday.
- Fee $4 each way and $7 round trip.
- Plan on staying at your location for at least one hour.
- From 9:30-2:30pm
Check the newsletter for other scheduled trips & fees.
MVRTA Shuttle Bus
MVRTA Route 21 - Route includes:
- Doctors Park
- Shawsheen Plaza
- Downtown Andover
- Rte 114 Plaza
- The Senior Center at Punchard
- Town Offices
- Andover Commons
- Frye Circle
- Andover Housing/Morton St.
Schedule available at the Senior Center. No charge for those 60+
EZ Trans Program
- MVRTA curb to curb service
- Age 60+ or persons w/disability
- Fees vary and advanced registration is required
- Contact MVRTA or The Senior Center at Punchard staff for additional information
- Medi-Ride to Boston/Lahey Peabody
Contact MVRTA 978-469-6878 ext. 3
Mass Health PT-1/ VA