Recycling & Solid Waste
The Solid Waste Division is responsible for the curbside collection of recycling and trash for residents and for municipal and school buildings. The division is also responsible for managing the Town's Solid Waste contracts, which include the curbside collection of trash, leaves and recyclables.
The Town's trash is brought to the Covanta waste-to-energy facility in Haverhill. For more information about this facility, visit their page on the Mass DEP Website.
The division also manages the one-day special collections for Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic/CRT recycling.
- All trash and recycling must be curbside by 7:00 AM
- Truck routes and schedules are subject to change without notice during the day
- Trash is collected weekly
- Recycling is collected bi-weekly
- Trash on private property WILL NOT be picked up
- Recycling or trash buried under snow WILL NOT be picked up
- Yard waste is collected seasonally, 6 weeks in the spring, 6 weeks in the fall
- Collections following holidays will be one day later. Please see the Recycling and Trash Collection Guide, pages 6 & 7 for the schedule and the list of holidays
- No Trash, recycling or yard waste container may ever weigh more than 50lbs at any time
- When and how is curbside pickup handled?
- What is the contact information for recycling information?
- What happens if there is inclement weather?
- How do I recycle computers and televisions?
- Does the town offer curbside leaf collection?
- Where do I find information about the compost site?
- How do I dispose of Hazardous Waste?
- Can I recycle appliances?