Energy Management

The Andover Energy Management office is responsible for managing energy use, energy conservation, and energy procurement. The duties of the office are completed by setting sustainable goals of energy efficiency, cost reduction and renewable energy generation. The office also promotes environmental responsibility and sustainability.

  • Andover as a Green Community. Becoming a Green Community in 2010, Andover committed to reduce its use of energy throughout municipal functions, including buildings, vehicles, street lights and water and sewer systems by 20%.
  • Success Stories. The Energy Management Office has completed projects that reduce Town energy use. The projects have opened opportunities for the Town to secure grant funding and utilize incentives.
  • Palmer, MA Solar Field. The Energy Management Office has promoted and implemented clean energy generation through the use of renewable energy such as solar power. Check out our FAQ page.

Resident Energy Resources

We want to hear from you. Would you like to know more about what your town is doing to reduce energy use? Call Janet Nicosia, C.E.M, Manager of Energy and Utilities at 978-623-8760 or email her at

Street Lighting


Antique Street Lights

The Town owns and maintains all Antique street lights located in Shawsheen Village and the Downtown Business District. Please call 978-623-8888 to report any problems.

Cobra Head Street Lights

The typical “Cobra Head” street light on wooden poles all over town are owned by the Town of Andover and are maintained by Coviello Electric of North Reading.  If a street light is out or broken please visit and click on “Report and Outage”  then on the “Andover” link and you can input the problem with the light.  You may also call them at 1-800-365-1691.  They typically repair it within 10 days.

The Cobra Head lights that are on metal poles in most cases are still owned by National Grid. There are not many of these. Most are located along North Main Street.  If you notice an issue with one of these lights, call National Grid at 1-800-322-3223.

Utility Pole Problems

All wooden and metal poles in Andover are owned and maintained by National Grid. If you have an issue with a pole itself, not the light, please call National Grid at 1-800-322-3223.

For all emergency calls, please call Andover Police Department by dialing 978-475-1212 or dialing 9-1-1.


If you still have questions regarding a street light or pole please call the Department of Facilities at 978-623-8702.