Information on Coronavirus
The Town of Andover will be providing regular briefings on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus Prevention Tips
.According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control, symptoms of 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) include fever and respiratory illness, such as coughing and difficulty breathing. Symptoms of the virus are similar to those of seasonal flu.
The Andover Health Division wishes to provide residents with recommended actions from the CDC to take to protect themselves and others from the illness:
- Wash hands frequently, with soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizing gels and liquids if soap and water are not readily available.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Try to avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- When sick yourself, stay home to protect others.
- Always cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect areas and objects that are touched frequently, such as desks, phones, door handles, etc.
Helpful Links and Resources
As cases of Covid-19 continue to be reported, Governor Baker has issued a stay-at-home advisory, and has required that certain businesses close in order to slow the spread of the virus.
To see the Governor’s Essential Business list, click here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-essential-services
To access the daily report from the Massachusetts Department of public health, click here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-cases-quarantine-and-monitoring#covid-19-cases-in-massachusetts-
Insert new section:
Behavioral Health Resources:
The CDC has a page on mental health and coping during COVID-19
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
Riverside Trauma Center’s Nanci Ginty Butler, LICSW, on How to Manage Fear of the Coronavirus
- Potentially Helpful Numbers:
- The Parental Stress Line (“parents helping parents”) available 24/7 in all languages:
- SafeLink – Massachusetts statewide domestic violence support and resources 24/7 helpline: 877-785-2020
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- The Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990